- Displacement Liter/CID : 181 CID / 3 L
- Cylinder/Configuration : 4 (in-line)
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 4.00 x 3.60in / 101 x 91mm
- Compression Ratio : 9:3:1
- Fuel Induction System : Multi-point electronic fuel injection (EFI)
- Cooling System : Thermostatically controlled
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 4400-4800
- Accessory Drive System : Serpentine belt
- Engine Guardian System : Knock control, Low drive lubricant, Low oil pressure, Low sea water pressure, Low voltage, Over-rev
- Recommended Oil : Mercury MerCruiser Full-Synthetic Engine Oil, 20W-40, NMMC FC-W rated
- Engine Control System : PCM 09 with SmartCraft CAN capability OBD-M diagnostics Dual oxygen sensor
- Water Drain System : Single point manual drain (Alpha)
- Dimensions (LxWxH) in : 29in x 26in x 21in
- Dimensions (LxWxH) mm : 730mm x 660mm x 533mm
- Exhaust System : Electro-deposition paint coated iron manifold with dry joint elbow
- Weight (lbs/kg) : 1040lbs / 455kg
- Boat Types : Fish, Pontoon, Runabout (cuddy), Runabout (open bow), Sportboat (sterndrive)
- Emissions Control Technology : Yes*
- Recommended Fuel : 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- HP/Kw @ Prop : 135 / 99.3
- Built for the Long Haul: MerCruiser’s 3.0L sterndrives feature numerous design elements to help put your mind at ease and bolster your engine’s long-term reliability. The 3.0L has been a favorite sterndrive engine choice for years thanks to its low-maintenance upkeep and classic dependability over the long run, no matter how you choose to spend your time on the water.
- MPI = Surefire Reliability: MerCruiser’s 3.0L sterndrives feature a cutting-edge sequential multiport fuel injection (MPI) system, which precisely outlines the exact amount of fuel for all driving conditions. The advantages of MPI technology include easier startup regardless of external temperatures, smooth and stable idling, better throttle response, increased fuel efficiency and, over the long haul, reduced cost of operation.
- Proven Features: MerCruiser’s engineers take great care to integrate technology into its engines that can generate proven advantages in test after test. MerCruiser’s 3.0L sterndrives gain from many such innovations, including Mercury’s exclusive Engine Guardian, which senses potential problems and virtually eliminates the chance for engine or drive damage from overheating, low oil pressure or low drive lubricant. Another, Mercury’s SmartCraft system, delivers information regarding critical engine functions, such as fuel usage and RPM, in an easy-to-read display at the helm.
Specifications are subject to change without notice