MerCruiser 8.2L V8 big block engines deliver industry-leading reliability, performance and ease of ownership.
- Displacement Liter/CID : 502 CID / 8.2 L
- Cylinder/Configuration : V-8
- Bore & Stroke (in/mm) : 4.47 x 4.00in / 113.5 x 101.6mm
- Compression Ratio : 8:75:1
- Cooling System : Brass sea water pump, Closed cooling, Long life 5-year antifreeze
- Full Throttle RPM Range : 4400-4800
- Ignition System : Distributorless ignition with knock control
- Accessory Drive System : Auto-tensioner, Serpentine belt
- Engine Guardian System : High coolant temperature, High exhaust manifold temperature, Knock control, Low drive lubricant, Low oil pressure, Low sea water pressure, Low voltage, Over-rev
- Recommended Oil : Mercury MerCruiser Full-Synthetic Engine Oil, 20W-40, NMMC FC-W rated
- Engine Control System : PCM 09 with SmartCraft CAN capability, OBD-M diagnostics, Dual oxygen sensors
- Alternator Amp : 65 amp / 917 watt
- Fuel Delivery System : Cool Fuel
- Fuel Injection System : Multi-point electronic fuel injection (EFI), Sequential Fuel Injection with Digital Throttle & Shift
- Water Drain System : Single point air actuated
- Dimensions (LxWxH) in : 35in x 33in x 24in
- Dimensions (LxWxH) mm : 878mm x 838mm x 610mm
- Digital Throttle and Shift : Yes
- Exhaust System : Tuned runner exhaust manifolds with 316 stainless steel tubular dry joint elbows
- Weight (lbs/kg) : 1079lbs / 488kg
- Boat Types : Cruiser, Deckboat, Performance (more than 60mph), Pontoon, Race, Runabout (cuddy), Runabout (open bow), Sport Yacht, Sportboat (sterndrive)
- Emissions Control Technology : Yes*
- Recommended Fuel : 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- HP/Kw @ Prop : 380 / 283
- A High-Performance Legacy: The 8.2L V8 was engineered in collaboration with the legendary Mercury Racing team, and it’s clear the full-throttle brethren left a serious impression. The V8 powerhouse flies with sensational acceleration, immediate planing and superior mid-range throttle response. With superb fuel efficiency and top-notch performance, the new 8.2L V8 is the future of MerCruiser power.
- Big Block, Small Maintenance: Stepping it up in power doesn’t mean taking care of your engine has to be more complicated. MerCruiser’s 8.2L V8 is remarkably easy to maintain: oil changes are clean, quick and simple via a convenient top-mounted filter and dipstick tube, and fluid checks are just as straightforward thanks to color-coded service points. The 8.2L also runs on less-expensive and easy-to-find 87 octane fuel.
- The Future is Now: MerCruiser’s 8.2L V8 sterndrive, the first new big block engine to come out in more than a decade, is designed for easy ownership and efficient operation, with proven reliability. The 8.2L sterndrive is eminently simple to maintain, with straightforward drive lube monitoring, water drainage, fluid servicing and standard freshwater cooling. MerCruiser has also fit the big block with its tried-and-true Mercathode Corrosion Prevention system and Engine Guardian monitoring system for unmatched reliability and longevity.
Specifications are subject to change without notice