MIAMI, FLA. – The Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show – the world’s premier boat show – arrives in the Magic City Feb. 13-17, 2014, bringing more than 3,000 boats and 2,000 companies from across the globe to three locations – Miami Beach Convention Center, Sea Isle Marina & Yachting Center and Miamarina at Bayside. From the newest luxury motor and sailing yachts, family cruisers, engines, electronics and marine gear, to dozens of attractions and on-water workshops, the Miami Boat Show provides attendees an all-access pass to enjoy the boating lifestyle and shop the newest in recreational boats and marine accessories.
The annual Miami Boat Show draws more than 100,000 visitors from around the world and is city’s largest event with an economic impact of 597 million dollars in Florida, generating big business for the state and U.S. recreational boating industry.
“The Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show brings together the best of the best in recreational boating. An annual tradition, the boat show offers something for buyers and dreamers alike, whether you’re in the market for a new boat, in need of the newest marine innovations, wanting to further your nautical know-how or simply enjoy some on-water fun,” says Show Manager Cathy Rick-Joule.
Visitors have the rare opportunity to board and compare the world’s leading boat brands side-by-side at competitive bargains and find exclusive show specials on the newest marine accessories, gifts and electronics. In addition, each show venue features a variety of interactive education and activities for boaters of all ages and experience levels. Visitors can take the helm during on-water training courses at the show’s two in-water locations, reel in new angling skills at the Big Game Room, and enjoy a free sail ride along Biscayne Bay, plus mingle with boating’s favorite celebrities.
Here’s a roadmap to the 2014 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show:
New Yacht & Power Boat Show at Sea Isle Marina
- See and shop a dynamic selection of custom motor yachts, sport fishers, center consoles, high performance boats, trawlers and more.
- Serious shoppers? Take sea trials aboard vessels of all makes and sizes.
- On-Water Boat Training – The Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training series puts visitors at the helm with 60-minute and three-hour skills-building workshops aboard a variety of power boats (presented by the Recreational Powerboating Association). Due to popularity, advance registration is encouraged on MiamiBoatShow.com.
Progressive® Insurance Strictly Sail Miami® at Miamarina at Bayside
- See and shop the world’s largest display of multi-hull sailboats plus nearly 150 booths featuring sailing gear, accessories, and hardware from the industries top suppliers, along with the latest charter information.
- On-Water Sailboat Training – Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training series puts visitors at the helm with two- and three-hour sailing workshops aboard a variety of vessels, including an exclusive presentation, Introduction to Cruising Catamarans. Due to popularity, advance registration is encouraged.
- Dozens of complimentary sailing seminars for new sailors and experienced skippers
- Not ready for the water? Sail away on the Sailing Simulator, featured at the America’s Cup, with a certified instructor.
- Annual Cruisers Party hosted by Cruising Outpost Magazine– all sailors are invited!
Miami Beach Convention Center
- Board and buy boats for every activity and budget, from personal watercraft to luxury cruisers, marine engines, electronics and accessories, travel destinations, nautical gifts and apparel, services and more.
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center— a must for do-it-yourselfers and boat owners featuring entertaining workshops conducted by “The Boating Guy” and certified marine service technician “Fred, The Outboard Doctor.”
- Big Game Room – celebrate the world of sport fishing at the Big Game Room with daily seminars, and dozens of sport fishing accessories and apparel for sale, plus angling activities and celebrity appearances from National Geographic’s Shark Men Chris Fischer and Captains Brett McBride and Jody Whitworth.
Thursday, Feb. 13 through Monday, Feb. 17, 2014
Miami Beach Convention Center
Thursday, Feb. 13 (Premier Day): 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 14 – Sunday, Feb. 16: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 17: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sea Isle Marina & Yachting Center open 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Miamarina at Bayside open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily
Premier Day(Feb. 13): $35
Adults (16 and older): $20
Five-day adult pass (Good all five days of the show): $85
Two-day adult pass (valid Feb. 13-17): $35
Youth 15 and under get in FREE (must be accompanied by an adult)
One ticket good for all sites (includes free access to shuttle bus & water taxi)
Advance tickets can be purchased at target=”_blank”MiamiBoatShow.com.
1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach
1635 North Bayshore Drive, Miami
400 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Benefits of booking in the official housing block
Book through onPeak to ensure you pay the lowest price and get the best service with reservation protection, flexibility and assistance—before, during and after your stay. Click here to learn more.
Best Rate Pledge
• The lowest room rates available have been negotiated at official hotels.
• Other booking channels are monitored to track down rival rates.
• Rates are lowered when necessary and applied to already-booked rooms.
Source: www.miamiboatshow.com; December 2, 2013.